- 1 kg Pork (lungs, heart)
- 1 pc carrots
- 1 pc labanos
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 pc bell pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
1. Rub with salt the pork heart and lungs and wash thoroughly in running water. In a large pot, put the pork heart and lungs and pour water just enough to cover the pork innards. Add 2tbsp salt, garlic, whole pepper, and bayleaf.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes or until it's tender. Remove from the broth and drain. Cool and finely chop into small cubes. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a medium cooking pan, saute ginger, garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the pork heart and lungs and saute for about 3 minutes. Season with chili powder and laurel leaves.
4. Add in the carrot, radish, bell peppers and stir. Pour one cup of vinegar then bring to a boil. Cook until the liquid evaporates and almost dry. But you can leave some liquid if you prefer the bopis with sauce.
5. Pour the annato oil, add water and season with patis and black pepper. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes then turn off heat.