- 3 kg pork maskara pig face
- 1/2 kg chicken liver
- 3 pc bird's-eye chilli
- 4 pc green chilis
- 1/2 kg kalamansi
- 3 large white onions
- 1 sachet mayonnaise small pack
- 1/2 tsp whole pepper
- 3 pc bay leaf
- 5 gloves garlic
1. Sprinkle the maskara with salt and rub it in thoroughly. Rinse this with hot water to remove the hairs. Fill a large pot with water enough to cover the meat and bring to the boil. Add pork maskara, simmer for 10 minutes then drain. Rinse the meat with running water, and wash out the pot. Fill it again about with water, add 2tbsp of salt and bring to boil. Add the pork maskara nd bring to the boil - if needed, add more boiling water, to cover the meat. Lower the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the pork belly is tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. Remove the pork maskara, rest for about 10minutes or until it is cool enough to handle.
2. Grilled the pork maskara together with the chicken liver then cut them into smaller pieces.
3. Chop the onion, slice the calamansi, mince the bird's-eye chilli and slice the green chilli into thin pieces.
4. Combine all ingredients, add mayonnaise, salt &pepper and mix well.
5. Heat a large pan over a medium fire. Add the butter then add the mixed pork sisig saute until fragrant. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.